BLOG.RONSOME.COM

Browser Check

June 07, 2010

"Browser Check" circa 2007

Every couple of years I feel compelled to write a new test suite for detecting browser versions and capabilities. This is something I started in 2006 or so. Part of the suite (actually, most of it) tested for plugins. My old employers used a variety of plugins, including Flash, QuickTime, and even Real Player. Naturally, we had to test for each plugin. To make matters worse, we were using certain other non-standard technologies which rendered some applications incompatible with even modern browsers. Like Firefox. And Safari. Looking at those old tests now gives me the willies. Looks like it's once again time to replace the old with the new.

Browser Check; new and improved

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Awww.

    Everyone loves that darn thing. That screen is the styles from 2009 I think. mynursinglab.com uses your old styles with the scripted tabs. I think I added QT to that one though.

    It's breeding, I swear. I always comment you credit though, you know. Heck, if you want your email in the js comments, I'll make sure it's added.

    Recently they have discussed updating the everything one--I have hinted to anyone I can that they should ask you--they love the one you did so much.

    By Blogger Kyrce, At Jun 12, 2010, 8:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home