BLOG.RONSOME.COM

Thinking Movies

October 23, 2006

Every so often I come across a movie that really makes me think. Although I'll often watch a movie for the express purpose of not thinking for awhile, I must admit that I'm never disappointed when I wind up thinking anyway.

I went and saw "The Prestige" over the weekend, and although somewhat disappointed that there was no "real" magic, the movie did something nearly impossible. Normally when presented with a cast of unlikeable characters I find that I couldn't care less about the movie or its conclusion, but even after this movie was over, I couldn't help wondering about some of the plot details.

In the end, I've decided that the movie doesn't entirely make sense (and wouldn't, even after a second viewing), but I can't help feeling that there are some subtle (and interesting) things that I might have missed. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing the movie again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home